What is the function of Calcium?
Calcium doesn’t only form bones but it is super nutrition necessary for us to live.
It has turned out that it is effective to improve various diseases.
Unexpected functions of calcium are controlling the muscles, regulating the movement of the heart and transmitting all the information in the brain such as sad, happy, painful or delicious.
3 diseases which are high blood pressure, stress and cancer can be improved by the effect of calcium.
A person whose weight is 50 Kg has about 1 Kg of calcium. 99 % of 1 Kg is bones and teeth and remaining 1 % exists all over the body playing very important roles.
Calcium is a kind of metal or mineral taken from the soil of the earth.
If you take sufficient calcium, there is a possibility that you can lower your blood pressure without restricting salt strictly.
In an experiment, 4 people whose blood pressures were higher than the guide line drank a glass of milk every meal and the movement of their blood pressures lowered down throughout a day compared to when they didn’t drink a glass of milk every meal.
Blood pressure is usually low in the morning, gradually goes up, reaches its peak during the daytime and goes down at night.
The blood pressure of people who take too much salt doesn’t go down at night, causing high blood pressure at night. But their blood pressures went down clearly. To lower blood pressure at night, it is necessary to remove salt from the body. So there is a possibility that calcium promoted the kidneys to discharge salt.
High blood pressure at night raises the risk of stroke and dementia. There is a research result that high blood pressure at night raises the risk of stroke (cerebral infarction) 3 times more.
How much calcium should be taken to improve high blood pressure?
A glass of milk (200 cc) contains about 220 mg of calcium.
If you want to take the same amount of calcium,
1-1/2 table spoon (3 g) of dried shrimp contains 213 mg of calcium.
2 pieces of processed cheese contains 226 mg of calcium.
2 cups of yogurt contains 240 mg of calcium.
¾ piece of tofu contains 194 mg of calcium.
4 pieces of capelin (a small fish) contain
The most efficient food to take calcium is milk. It is difficult to absorb calcium and most calcium is discharged with fibers. Milk has high ratio of absorption compared to the other food, but it is better to take calcium eating in good balance.
If you age is more than 30 years old, the recommended amount of calcium a day is about more than 650 to 700 mg for men and 650 mg for women. So if you drink 3 glasses of milk, it becomes about 660 mg of calcium.
Relationship between Irritation and calcium
Calcium is an important substance to transmit information in the brain. Lack of calcium causes a failure of transmitting information, resulting in irritation. Therefore, if you take sufficient calcium, the activity of the nerves becomes smooth and irritation can be solved.
Relationship between cancer and calcium
According to the newest research, it was found out that calcium caught carcinogen (a substance that tends to produce cancer) and discharged it to the outside of the body.
Cancer that calcium is expected to prevent most is colon cancer.
Colon cancer is a disease that mainly a benign tumor becomes cancerous by stimulation of carcinogen.
This Blog is for a memo of my clinical realizations, information about health I have learned recently and update information.