I have introduced this method to some patients who have had sinus problems.
The self-care method is rubbing the frontal suture, which is a ditch on the frontal bone (Fig. 1). The length is about a inch.
Rubbing this area loosens your neck and opens your nose, and also loosens your chest and abdomen.
So if you have stiffness in your neck or sinus problems, or if you feel your abdomen is tight, try rubbing this ditch.
1. Rub the ditch-like-frontal suture with your fingers of one had like rubbing not the skin but the bone.
2. Open the frontal suture with your fingers of both hands. To get more strong contact, it is better to push your head toward your fingers.
If your fingers are slippery on the skin, it is more effective to place a piece of cloth underneath and rub and open the suture.
Watch the video for the detail of the method.
Due to the stress from the surrounded situation caused by COVID-19, there are a lot of people whose breathing become shallow.
Related to the article posted in my blog: Let’s Relieve Broken Heart Syndrome caused by Stress due to COVID-19, it is also important that your nose is not stuffy to breathe smoothly.
We can only breathe deeply when you breathe in from your nose.
Please compare when you breathe in from your nose to when you breathe in from your mouth.
How did you feel? You should not be able to breathe deeply from your mouth.
That is because in the nose, the air is mixed with NO which opens the lung and softens the capillaries, but when you breathe in from your mouth, that process doesn’t happen so the lung doesn’t accept the air from the mouth.
For easier breathing, I want to introduce the acupuncture points that open your nasal passage.
1. Above the nose and about a half inch below the hair line, there is the bulge of the bone. Please massage the point (Fig. 1).
2. A half inch above the eyebrow, there may be tender points. Please massage these points (Fig. 1).
3. Please massage the base of the arms (Fig. 2).
Please massage these acupuncture points when you have a stuffy nose.
If you feel tightness of chest or difficulty of breathing, please also read the following article:
Let’s Relieve Broken Heart Syndrome caused by Stress due to COVID-19
This Blog is for a memo of my clinical realizations, information about health I have learned recently and update information.