There are women who easily stores salt in the body.
The biggest cause of high blood pressure is over consumption of salt.
Women who can’t easily discharge salt from the body
When we take salt, about 20 % of it is discharged from the body as sweat and others. The remaining 80 % is all discharged from the kidneys with urine after a certain period of time. Since a type of women can’t discharge salt with urine, she has high blood pressure without over consumption of salt.
9 women (age of 40-60) checked the amount of salt in the urine for 24 hours taking 3 same meals containing total 10 grams of salt. If more than 80 % of salt which is more than 8 grams of salt is contained in the urine they discharged for 24 hours, she is diagnosed as normal. If it is less than 8 grams, she is diagnosed to easily store salt in the body. As a result of the experiment, it turned out that 6 out of 9 women easily stored salt in the body.
the blood pressure of a woman whose discharge was normal returned to the original 60 minutes after a meal, but the blood pressure of the woman whose discharge of salt was less than normal took more than 2 and a half hours to return to the original blood pressure. So the state of high blood pressure continued for more than 90 minutes. All 6 of them had this kind of abnormal blood pressure after a meal. (Fig. 1)
The common point among the 6 women is that they have been menopaused.
There is postmenopausal hypertension which is high blood pressure after menopause.
Before menopause, estrogen which is a type of female hormone is secreted a lot from the ovaries. Estrogen encourages menstruation. In addition to that, estrogen activates the function of the kidneys discharging urine.
So before menopause, even if salt consumption is too much, the activated kidneys discharge the salt immediately with urine so that salt is not easily stored in the body. But after menopause, once the secretion of estrogen decreases significantly, the function of the kidneys lowers remarkably and salt is not able to be discharged very well.
The state of high blood pressure continuing for a while after a meal is caused by menopause.
Leave a Reply.
This Blog is for a memo of my clinical realizations, information about health I have learned recently and update information.