Body Temperature And
Strength of Immune System
Before you read below, please check your body temperature.
How was that?
If your body temperature is lower than 97 degrees F, it is considered as low body temperature.
Simply speaking, if your body temperature is low, you are in a condition of disease or your immune power is weak, that is, you easily get sick.
On the contrary, if your body temperature is high, your immune power is strong, that is, you don’t get sick easily.
So how can we raise our body temperature?
1.1 Low Body Temperature
There is a similarity among many people who have chronic diseases. It’s that their body temperature is low. Please try to check your body temperature. If it is less than 96.8 degrees F (36 degrees C), then your body temperature is too low. If your body temperature is low, this means that your immune function is not strong enough, and this results in an internal environment which easily becomes imbalanced and gets sick. I will talk about the details of this in the next section.
Here I would like to introduce something you can do at home to improve your low body temperature - taking a bath. Bathing makes your blood circulation better and your body temperature higher, resulting in the strengthening of your immune power.
- Staying in the bathtub for 30 minutes to 1 hour, without putting your chest into the water, is effective for immune strengthening.
- The temperature of the water should be at about your body temperature plus 7 to 8 degrees F (4 degrees C).
- It is recommended that you prepare a bottle of water before getting into the bath, since you may sweat a lot. Please try using this time for relaxation such as reading a book or listening to music, etc.
- If you don’t have so much time, it is good to stay in the bathtub for 10 minutes, putting your shoulders into the water.
- Please remember that you don’t need to stay in the bath this long so if you feel that you have had enough, get out of the bathtub.
- Its effect comes out after 2 weeks of bathing in the manner described.