- Sticky and slimy foods such as natto (fermented soy bean), okura or yam slow down the elevation of blood sugar.
- Chewing well encourages the secretion of insulin and suppresses the elevation of blood sugar.
- Taking DHA and EPA included in fishes for a long time not only prevents hardening of blood vessels but also makes the secretion of insulin better.
- Eating too much salty dishes makes you want more carbohydrate resulting in the elevation of blood sugar.
- Eating toasted breads suppresses the elevation of blood sugar because the starch difficult to digest increases.
- Applying butter on toasted breads suppresses the elevation of blood sugar because fat slowly goes down from stomach to intestines.
- If you want to eat toast with something sweet applied, it is good to apply honey thinly not to elevate blood sugar because it takes time to absorb fructose which is the main substance of honey.
- It is good to put French dressing on a salad. Oleic acid contained in olive oil encourages the secretion of GLP-1 which is a hormone encouraging the secretion of insulin. Also citric acid and acetic acid contained in vinegar slow down the speed of digestion. So any dressing containing olive oil and vinegar is effective but be careful about taking too much.
- Not to have diabetes, drinking coffee is better than not drinking coffee because of polyphenol, but if you drink coffee before a meal, blood sugar tends to rise due to caffeine. Caffeine blocks the action of insulin and encourages the secretion of adrenalin which raises blood sugar. So it is recommended to drink coffee after a meal.
- If you drink vegetable juice, it is good to drink it 30 minutes before a meal. Vegetable juice is in a condition that sugar is dissolved in water so it is easy to be absorbed, but the amount of the sugar dissolved in water is not much so that blood sugar doesn’t go up very much but insulin starts to work. So drinking vegetable juice 30 minutes before a meal makes the condition that insulin handles sugar taken from a meal immediately. But drinking too much vegetable juice elevates blood sugar. A glass of it is good amount.
- Fruits should be eaten before a meal not to elevate blood sugar because fruits contain dietary fibers and a substance which suppresses the action of digestive enzymes.
Cozy Acupuncture offers special price $60 (Regular price $80) for Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture from May 1st to May 15th, 2016.
The characters of Japanese style Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture are:
For detailed information about Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, please click MORE.
I added some more explanation to some FAQs.
Please take a look from the following button.
I tried to explain about Acupuncture in a way that is easy to understand.
Please check it out from the following URL.
To improve seasonal allergy, it is important not to make blood sugar up and down. There is a hormone called cortisol which suppresses the symptoms caused by allergies. Cortisol also has the function to stabilize blood sugar level. If blood sugar level goes up and down drastically, cortisol is used to stabilize blood sugar level. As a result, allergic symptoms can’t be suppressed.
How should raising and lowering blood sugar level be prevented?
It is necessary to decrease eating carbohydrate and eat protein such as meat or fish, and vegetables more. Because carbohydrate such as bread, white rice or noodles raises blood sugar level, decreasing the amount to eat such foods can suppress the elevation of blood sugar level. It is really recommended to stop eating sugar.
Also it is important to pay attention to the order to eat when you eat carbohydrate. You should eat carbohydrate after eating a meat, a fish or vegetables. But it is important to reduce the amount of carbohydrate as much as possible. If you really want to eat white rice, it is better to eat fried rice which is coated with oil because it doesn’t raise blood sugar level so quickly.
This diet is effective for other types of allergies as well.
Another important thing to prevent seasonal allergy is
Increase vitamin D in the body.
Vitamin D has a function to regulate immune system. When something bad goes into the body, vitamin D makes the immune system work to get rid of it, and when the immune system works too much, vitamin D suppresses it. To increase vitamin D, it is good to sunbathe and eat whole fish including liver.
Olive oil, especially extra virgin olive oil is effective for constipation. Olive oil makes stool slippery in large intestine. Oleic acid contained in olive oil is not absorbed in small intestines easily and reaches large intestines.
Drinking a cup of hot water with a table spoon of olive oil every morning is effective.
Because olive oil makes oil film on the surface of intestines, hot water drunken together doesn’t cool down easily and warms intestines, leading to dissolving constipation. If it is difficult to drink, adding a table spoon of olive oil in a cup of soup is also effective. When you touch your abdomen, if it feels cold, the constipation is caused by the cold in the abdomen. So this method is effective.
What are other things to be careful to dissolve constipation?
Eating brown rice is sometimes not good for constipation because the fibers contained in brown rice is water-insoluble dietary fibers so if you don’t chew well, they happen to block the intestines. White rice with barley in the ratio of 2: 1 is recommended because barley is rich in water-soluble dietary fibers. Because water-soluble dietary fibers deliver water to the intestines, stools become soft, resulting in dissolving constipation.
Migraine headache is caused by dilation of blood vessels in brain compressing nerves, causing pain. Migraine headache is common in females.
What people who have migraine headache should do every day is…
Eating sweets at 3 pm.
When blood sugar goes down, blood vessels loosen so migraine headache tends to happen. Eating sweets between lunch and dinner raises blood sugar, leading to the stability of blood vessels in brain. It is important to keep blood sugar constant so some people eat 6 small amount of meals a day. It is better to avoid the fruits which contain substance to dilate blood vessels such as banana or citrus fruits.
How do you distinguish migraine headache from tension headache?
When you shake your head, if the pain becomes stronger, that is migraine headache.
What should be done to prevent migraine headache?
It is good to walk exposing the skin. Sunbathing is very good. Because migraine headache is related to intracerebral substance called serotonin, but lack of serotonin tends to happen in early spring, and serotonin is not synthesized without sunlight. it is recommended to sunbathe a lot to stabilize serotonin, but it is not good for people who have migraine headache to see sunlight directly so it is better to go out wearing pale color of sunglasses.
What food is effective for migraine headache?
(1) Coffee with a little bit of sugar
Sugar contracts blood vessels and suppresses the headache. Caffeine expels water from swollen blood vessels as urine.
(2) Natto and broccoli
Natto and broccoli contain magnesium and vitamin B2 a lot which calm exited brain and stabilize blood vessels in brain.
(1) For Anti-Aging, it is good to eat canned salmon!
Red coloring matter called astaxanthin in salmon has strong antioxidant power so it is considered that it is good for anti-aging. Canned salmon enables you to eat everything including bones and skins.
(2) Drinking instant coffee is effective for anti-aging!
Coffee contains niacin which is effective for anti-aging, and instant coffee contains more niacin than regular coffee. Drinking 2-3 cups of instant coffee a day gives you sufficient amount to niacin for anti-aging.
(3) Eating curry prevents dementia!
Curry contains turmeric and Curcumine contained in turmeric decreases the substance causing Alzheimer disease. According to a research, the onset risk rate of Alzheimer disease of Indian people who eat a lot of curry is one fourth of American people.
(4) Eating walnuts suppresses allergic symptoms such as pollen allergy
Walnuts contain fatty acid of Omega-3 (α-linolenic acid) a lot which suppresses allergies. Eating a handful of walnut a day is effective.
This Blog is for a memo of my clinical realizations, information about health I learned recently and update information.