- Painful when getting up from the bed
- Painful when standing up from a chair
- The pain goes away after a while
The similarities between these three are that it is painful when starting to move and it is improved after for a while. This is a typical symptom of low back pain. The major cause of this type of low back pain is aging.
Aging causes degeneration of the bone and disks between the bones in the low back, and the muscles become thinner. Decrease of the muscles starts at the age of 40. Joints and muscles tend to become tight. In addition, being worried about the low back pain excessively makes people not to move, leading to the aggravation of the low back pain.
Exercise for Low Back Pain Caused by Aging
(1) Sit in a chair (Fig. 1)
(2) Bend forward slowly and grab your left ankle with your right hand by twisting your waist (Fig. 2).
(3) After returning the posture to the original state, grab your right ankle with your left hand (Fig. 2).
Doing this exercise 3 times in the morning and evening softens the joints and the muscles around your low back, leading to the relief of the low back pain.