- Knee pain when starting to walk
- Inability to straighten the knee
- Inability to bend the knees due to pain
The cause of these knee pain is wear of cartridge.
Osteoarthritis of the knee
Cartridge absorbing the shock wears away by ageing.
However, if you don’t move because it is painful, the muscles and tendons around the knee become hard and the weight also increases. This makes the condition worse.
To improve the knee pain, first of all, losing weight is important. If you can lose weight by 7 lbs. (3 Kg), your knee will be much easier. Secondly when you have knee pain, you tend to have your knee always bent a little bit so it is important to straighten your knee, warming up your knee.
Exercise for knee pain after soaking in the tub (Fig. 1)
(1) Warm your knees by soaking in the tub. The joints and muscles around your knees become softer so your knees become easier to stretch.
(2) Sit in a chair and stretch your knee slowly, having your toes face the ceiling.
(3) Keep your knee straight for 10 seconds.
(4) Repeat this 5-10 times for both legs.
Once you have muscle strength and flexibility in your knee by this exercise, your knee pain will be improved.