There is neither medicine or treatment to recover fully from dementia. But there is a adhesive skin patch which is able to delay the symptoms of dementia. This patch increases acetylcholine, which is a substance transferring the information of nerves, in the brain.
Let’s check the risk of dementia
- There are more than 3 days a week when I don’t sleep more than 4 hours.
- There are less than 2 days a week when I exercise or walk for more than 30 minutes.
- I often feel stress at home and at work.
- I like fried food.
- There are more than 5 days a week when I drink more than 3 glasses of alcohol.
- I smoke.
- There are more than 2 days a week when I don’t leave the house.
If there are more than 4 clauses applied to you, you need to be careful of dementia.
(1) What are 4 things drawn in Fig. 1?
The answer is a wine glass, a pencil, a folk and a bucket.
Dementia weakens the spatial ability, causing unable to distinguish these things and recall the name of them.
(2) Which is the same graphic as the above graphic within graphics (1) to (3) in Fig. 2?
Dementia weakens the ability to recognize 3-dimentional objects.
Food to prevent dementia
A canned mackerel in brine (Fig. 3) is effective because DHA and EPA contained in blue back fishes protect nerve cells in the brain, leading to the prevention of dementia. A canned mackerel contains DHA and EPA without losing them. Eating a can once every 1 or 2 days is effective.
A piece of Camembert cheese a day or 2 glasses of red wine are also effective (Fig. 4).
Simple exercise to prevent dementia
(1) Make your left hand scissors and right hand rock, put your right hand on your left hand and make a snail (Fig. 5 & 6).
(2) Make your left hand a rock and right hand scissors and put your left hand on your right hand (Fig. 7).
(3) Repeat (1) and (2) rhythmically.
If you can repeat this 10 times in a row, you are okay. If you can’t, please train it.